Would you believe me if I told you that right now I am locked away inside our office hiding while my 2-year-old is running around the house in his “spider man undies” screaming my name to the top of his lungs, crying about a broken flute. Well its true, even mama’s need a break from the little ones every once in a while.
So we don’t end up knocking them out! So I thought it would be cool to type all the reasons my son throw’s tantrum’s on the daily just to give myself a little laugh… So everyone bare with me…
The following are (in his head) valid reasons for throwing tantrums… aka Losing His Sh#t!
- He want’s a snack.
- He want’s to go outside.
- He want’s to play hide & seek.
- He doesn’t want to take a bath.
- He want’s to take a bath.
- He doesn’t want to get out of the bathtub.
- He does not want to eat dinner
- He is hungry.
- He does not want to share his toys.
- Somebody won’t share their toys with him.
- He see’s a bug.
- The dog took something he wants.
- He dropped something.
- He wants to brush his teeth.
- He doesn’t want to brush his teeth.
- His show went off of the tv.
- He doesn’t want to share mommy’s kisses with daddy or the dog.
- He doesn’t like mommy and daddy singing or dancing to any of his songs.
- Mommy didn’t buy him a toy while she was out running errands.
- His iPad went dead.
- He fell down.
- He does not want to talk on the phone.
- He had an accident in his underpants.
- He want’s to go to the library.
- He want’s to go to work with mommy.
- He want’s to hit the dog but mommy said no.
- He is mad.
- He want’s to wear his Paw Patrol costume to church.
- He want’s to flush the potty.
- He only want’s to eat cereal for breakfast everyday.
- He broke something.
- He does not want to clean his room.
- He does not want to go to bed.
Welp looks like my break is over! That was fun. Seriously I know the tantrum’s are just with age so I never take it personal I just attempt to keep him calm and make him use his words. He still has his days when throwing tantrums is necessary, but he is 2 and that’s just what they do.